Call For Artists
ISSUE 03 - November
Abandoned & Unloved
You know the pieces you have in your studio that bring shame, disappointment and a whole lot of cringing?! We want those!
In any artist’s career there are pieces of art that have been either abandoned or unloved. Pieces that were started with interest but abandoned in disappointment. Pieces that others may admire but artists themselves find ugly, or not up to their standards, or unsaleable. Pieces that may even have been exhibited or sold, but still deemed “bad work” by the artist themselves.
And we want to give those pieces a home! We want to celebrate ugly art that has made us artists who we are today. Send us your abandoned pieces, that you may have started and given up mid way. Or send us pieces that others may love, but you absolutely loathe, pieces that you believe don’t do justice to your skill.
Deadline: November 20, 2019
Release: December 01, 2019
Entry: Free (1-3 images)
Other Fee: $5 USD only on qualifying
Please have the following ready before you click on the “SUBMIT HERE” link below:
- 1-3 pieces of artwork. The artwork may or may not have been exhibited or sold, but has to be either half-finished or considered sub-standard work by the artist. Sketchbook scratchings and practice pieces will not do.
- We are open to simultaneous submissions and work that has been displayed in exhibitions or publications before. However, new, unpublished works will be given first preference.
- Works may include original paintings, sculpture, installations, mixed media, photography, digital art, jewelry, and tapestry/quilt/fabric/textile works. We won’t be accepting video or performance art for this issue.
- Images should be at least 1000 pixel on both sides, 100 dpi min resolution, less than 4 MB in size. If chosen, high-resolution images will be required.
- Artist bio, 50 words max.
- Promo and Social links (Website/Instagram/Facebook/Etsy etc).
- Artists will receive free PDF copies.
- Artists will retain copyrights to their works.
- No art sales will be conducted through the magazine.
- Selected artists will be asked to submit profile photographs and artist statements.
- We DO NOT accept submissions via email. Only use the “SUBMIT HERE” link above.
- Please ensure that your contributions are according to the submission rules, otherwise they'll get rejected automatically no matter how good the work is.
- The decision of the jurors is final.
For any questions or to say hello, pop us an email at email@example.com.
FAKE Art Zine © 2019. All Rights Reserved.